To ensure that all of your experience and education are given full consideration during our selection process, we recommend the following tips to assist you in applying for job vacancies with Naperville Public Library:
- Identify the specific job title for which you are applying. We suggest you read the job description for the job vacancy very carefully before completing and submitting your online employment application. Your application will be active for 60 days from date of receipt by the Human Resources Dept.
- Before you start the online application process, be prepared to upload the following items: cover letter, resume, copy of highest level of education (diploma or transcripts) and three professional referral contacts (into the online application).
- Include addresses and telephone numbers of all former and current employers.
- Leave no blanks.
- Write “Does not Apply” in the space if the question does not apply to you.
- List employment history in chronological order; starting with most current position first.
- Explain gaps in your work history, for example, “attending school”.
- Please complete the entire online employment application. A completed application gives us specific information that is needed to assess your qualifications.
- Qualifications will be evaluated based on the information you provide us in your online employment application. The amount of experience and education you have and the way you describe them will determine how far you advance in the recruitment process.
- Do not include personal information such as a picture, age, date of birth, gender, marital status, number of children, religion, medical condition, etc.
- After you submit your application online, you will receive a confirmation email message that your submission was received. Due to the volume of applications that we receive, we will only contact you if there is further interest in your qualifications.
- The Library will not automatically reject an applicant who has been convicted. AN APPLICANT SHOULD NOT DISCLOSE INFORMATION REGARDING CRIMINAL ARREST OR CONVICTION RECORDS THAT HAVE BEEN EXPUNGED OR SEALED.
Phone: 630.961.4100 Ext. 2227